This month has been full of several excellent releases and I’ve been lucky enough to have gone to see a few, however there are still a couple more to check off my list. As usual I have featured a two films that are at the top of my list, as well as a couple extra films if my favourites aren’t your style.
1) Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – In Theatres Friday March 25
I have eagerly been awaiting Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice ever since I saw the Comic-Con trailer months ago. I thoroughly enjoyed Henry Cavill as the iconic character of Superman in Man of Steel, so I’m eager to see him again on the big screen. I am also a huge Ben Affleck fan so I am anxious to see how he does as he steps into the role of the new Batman.
Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy is at the top of my all-time favourites list, so it will be interesting to see how Ben picks up from what Christian Bale left off in the last film. Also, I can’t wait to see how the stunning Gal Gadot performs as the ultra-badass character of Superwoman. And as I’m a big fan of Amy Adams, seeing her back in the role of Lois Lane is worthy enough of my ticket purchase!
2) The Divergent Series: Allegiant – In Theatres Friday March 18
I’m a pretty big fan of The Divergent Series novels by Veronica Roth, so whenever a film brings the characters and storylines I love to life I become overwhelmed with excitement! The second film Insurgent was action-packed, dramatic, and near the end began to veer away from the plot lines of the book. Therefore, I truly don’t know what to expect from Allegiant except that it will contain a great cast of recurring characters as well as the highly anticipated new additions for the characters from outside the wall.
If you didn’t get a chance to see Insurgent or don’t remember what happened, check out the link below for a previous “Book to Film Adaptation” CCC post covering the second book/film of the hit series!
- Zootopia (In Theatres – Fri Mar 4): is the newest animated film released by the geniuses at Walt Disney Pictures. The story follows a naive but courageous young bunny police officer who begins an unlikely bond with a sly fox con artist. Their mission is to find one of the several missing predator civilians of Zootopia, but they quickly find themselves uncovering a conspiracy in the process.
- London Has Fallen (In Theatres – Fri Mar 4): is an action thriller film that is the sequel to the 2013 film Olympus Has Fallen. A terrorist family plans an attack on the Western leaders of the world in order to seek revenge for the loss of their loved ones due to an American attack two years earlier. Gerard Butler, Aaron Eckhart, Morgan Freeman, and several others reprise their roles as tragedy strikes in London.
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (In Theatres – Fri Mar 4): is a war dramedy film based on the memoir The Taliban Shuffle: Strange Days in Afghanistan and Pakistan by Kim Barker. Tina Fey, Martin Freeman, and Margot Robbie play the roles of international journalists/photographers who volunteer to work as war correspondents. However, upon arrival they quickly realize that although they see their work as fulfilling, others are more interested in staying alive.
- 10 Cloverfield Lane (In Theatres – Fri Mar 11): is a sci-fi thriller film that is a sequel to the 2008 film Cloverfield. The story follows a young woman as she is held in a shelter with two men after a car accident. Although she is eager to leave, the men claim the outside world has been affected by widespread chemical attacks and try to prevent her from leaving at all costs.