As you have probably noticed from my earlier posts, I tend to get very excited about both the Golden Globes and the Academy Awards each year. I am always overwhelmed with joy when I see my favourite actors, actresses, directors, and films finally receiving the recognition they truly deserve. These nights are always a great time for stunning fashion, hilarious hosting, as well as amazing thank you speeches.
I love seeing the unscripted emotions of my favourite stars when their dreams become a reality. As a result, I sometimes go to YouTube and click on a few of my favourite thank you speeches when I need some inspiration and motivation for my own dreams. Therefore, I wanted to share this little hobby of mine with you all as I focus this week’s Tuesday Top 10 on a few of my all-time favourite Oscar speeches. I thought this would be a fun way to get you all on my anticipation level for this Sunday’s 87th Academy Awards.
1) Robin Williams – Best Supporting Actor – Good Will Hunting (Skip to 1:00)
2) Matthew McConaughey – Best Actor – Dallas Buyers Club (Skip to 1:15)
3) Sandra Bullock – Best Actress – Blind Side (Skip to 8:25)
4) Denzel Washington – Best Actor – Training Day (Skip to 1:00)
5) Lupita Nyong’o – Best Supporting Actress – 12 Years A Slave (Skip to 0:40)
6) Cuba Gooding Jr. – Best Supporting Actor – Jerry Maguire
7) Ben Affleck & Matt Damon – Best Screenplay – Good Will Hunting
8) Meryl Streep – Best Actress – The Iron Lady
9) Russell Crowe – Best Actor – Gladiator (Skip to 2:30)
10) Hilary Swank – Best Actress – Million Dollar Baby (Skip to 1:30)